Food at Disneyland

Disneyland Travel Blog

they re-did the magic castle for Disneyland's 50th anniversary. i think the original white & blue castle was much prettier..
The best place to eat at Disneyland used to be the BBQ place in Frontierland.  They served delicious ribs and cornbread and you could eat at the benches in their big outdoor patio.  For some reason, they closed it down and they haven't replaced it with anything for several years.
Now finding a good meal inside the park is a bit trickier, and even more so now that I don't eat meat.  Disneyland has many options in terms of restaurants and food, but most of it is overpriced and mediocre.  Also, you better throw your calorie counter out the car window because everything here is pretty unhealthy.  Hamburgers, fried chicken, pizza, bbq ribs, nachos, churros, ice cream.
Eric and me
.. Well I guess celery sticks aren't going to make this the happiest place on earth.  I have noticed that they started selling fresh fruit in carts, but it would be really beneficial (not only for me, but for a lot of the Americans we saw walking around...) to have some healthy meal options, not just apples.
That said, my first bite of Disneyland was a frozen banana!!!!!!  A frozen banana, dipped in chocolate and covered in peanuts -- my favoriiiiiiite food here.  My second favorite is the caramel apple.  They are HUGE!  and you can get them dipped in caramel or chocolate, and covered with a variety of toppings.  You definitely need a sharing partner and even another apple to eat on the side, since the toppings double the size of the apple!  Both treats seem easy to make at home, but it just wouldn't be the same without the joyful surroundings of Disneyland :]
The Blue Bayou restaurant is a neat place to go if it's your first time to Disneyland.  It is located inside the Pirates of the Caribbean ride, and you can see the boats floating by while you eat.  It's always nighttime inside.  There are candles on your table, paper lanterns strewn above your head, and twinkling fireflies flying in the dark summer night!  It really makes you feel like you're dining alfresco next to a bayou, and I wonder if the waiters who work in here all day get their biological clocks all mixed up.  I'd give the food a B/B-, because the quality is not totally worth the price.  But it's definitely a memorable experience and a nice sit-down meal type restaurant in Disneyland.  Be sure to make reservations ahead of time.

mogollon says:
q bonitooooo!!!!!! yo quiero irrrr!!
Posted on: Aug 31, 2007
thumbelina881 says:
I've always loved the atmosphere at this restaurant. Soo romantic and always a nice "resting point," during your day. :)
Posted on: Apr 10, 2007
Amanda says:
Yes, the Blue Bayou restaurant can be a cool experience, as long as you get a table close to the water; if you get a table near to the kitchen and doors it's a bit of a let down. I also agree with you on the food. It's ok, for sure - but not as good as the prices would require if you weren't inside the Pirates ride at Disneyland.... but still fun!
Posted on: Mar 27, 2007
Disneyland is one of my favorite places in the world, no joke.  No matter how many times I come here, I always feel like a giddy kid again.  When I was little I could hardly sleep the night before a Disneyland trip, and as soon as my (Disney) alarm clock would go off, I'd shoot out of bed like it was Christmas morning.
This time I was only slightly less frenetic.  Eric was excited because he hasn't been there for years, and I was excited because Disneyland = the Happiest Place on Earth!!!!  Since I go there relatively often (1-2 a year?), I was Eric's personal tour guide.  He eventually took away my expert status, from navigating the park to quintupling my score on the Astroblasters ride/game..
But that still didn't put a damper on my day at Disneyland!!!

cestmoicaro says:
hey!I live in Paris and I also love Disneyland, here almost no one understands why!I had an annual passeport when I was younger and now Disneyland offered me one, so I can go wheneverI want!If u are visiting Paris, contact me we can go together!
Posted on: Sep 28, 2007
sylviandavid says:
I LOVE DISNEYLAND! I always say "Have a Disneyland Day" instead of "have a good day." It means a day filled with adventure, laughter, good food and family. ... so ... have a Disneyland Day! Sylvia
Posted on: Sep 02, 2007
superduperfantastic says:
I wanted to start a tradition of going just once a year, but I haven't found any takers.. :(
Posted on: May 25, 2007
they re-did the magic castle for D…
they re-did the magic castle for …
Disneyland Sights & Attractions review
The Matterhorn is my favorite ride at Disneyland!!!!!!!! This was my very first roller coaster ride. I was about 9 or 10 when my dad coaxed me into … read entire review