Day 3

Friday Harbor Travel Blog

Kayaking
I wanted to see the islands from a different perspective- so we flew for one hour over the San Juan Islands. I have posted all my aerial photographs from the scenic flight. It was my first time flying in a small airplane. It was amazing! If you ever have a chance to fly over a location- do it! God's creation is beautiful and breathtaking! I ran out of film so we went to Friday Harbor's island version of Kinko's. I accidently erased a short video clip of the scenic flight but the pictures do a great job showing what I saw. It was my last night, so I decided to end the trip with a sunset kayak trip which lasted almost 3 hours. It was my first time kayaking and was excited to see what I could. The kayak leaders gives everyone a tour of the islands' history. The sunset was amazing. Before I went, I was told, sometimes, you can see the northern lights or "aurora borealis", but I did not see them. I think they can be seen in Alaska better. My humor is witty so I made a few jokes about the names of the coves around the island. Granny's Cove- Maybe we should take cookies to her then. Where is Grandpa's Cove then? and Lonesome Cove- We better find a friend to keep it company. Hehe.

Getting ready to kayak