Sightseeing Around Dublin

Dublin Travel Blog

We got up early and headed out for a full day of sightseeing!  First stop was the Jameson Distillery.  They opened early - why not start with whiskey tasting at 9am! LOL.  We had a quick breakfast at the hotel and headed out.

We arrived right before the first tour of the day and wandered around taking some photos of the location.  The tour was awesome and our guide was cool.  We ended up being his volunteers to try a few different whiskeys which is not really my thing but he needed 4 women and 4 men and our group was relatively small.  He was short one woman so I caved! LOL.  We got to try Scotch Whiskey, the Jameson, and then Jack Daniels (yuck).  It was interesting and rather educational. And we got certificates afterwards indicating we were whiskey tasters! Whoo Hoo!

We had to purchase a couple things before we ventured off - one of which was a personalized bottle of Jameson that is available only at the distillery, no where else.

SWEET!! We had it personalized with both our names and I bought a few other miscellaneous things and we were off again.  Next we headed to Guinness.  Those were the two main things I wanted to see on this trip to be honest.

We hit Guinness just in time for an orientation and we were on our way to the tour.  We had purchased the Dublin cards which gets you in with no line but there was really no line to speak of so we would've been fine just doing it on our own I think.

The tour at Guinness is self guided but we still had a good time and of course I took a million pictures! :P  We were both hungry as we made our way up and decided to stop in the restaurant for a quick bite before we got our Guinness and headed out.

I figured if I was going to try Guinness stew in Ireland, this would be the place to do it.  The food was incredible!

Next we headed up to the Gravity Bar for our complementary Guinness.  The place was packed as expected and after stalking an area for awhile, we finally got a seat.  No thanks to this obnoxious group from the UK though.  Uuuuugh!

We enjoyed the views, complained about the people next to us stealing the chair, and enjoyed our Guinness.  Next we figured we better get on the road if we planned to see anything else.  We took a cab back to the hotel and then decided to try the restaurant across the street since they advertise free Wi-Fi.  We kept having issues at the hotel getting Internet and we needed to research stuff for Poland and also work stuff.

We hung out there for a bit and then back to the hotel but couldn't snake their wireless connection that far.  We tried to go down in the library and bar area of our hotel but no luck there either.  What I did find was this evil old man who was cursing at me from the corner about having my laptop there.  OMG! He was so vulgar and rude.  We ended up leaving and going back to the restaurant and had actual dinner.  We drank a bit there, checked emails, I did a little work, and then went back to the room to get a good night's sleep before our last day of sightseeing before we went back to Eindhoven!

marksreynolds says:
I would have to carry my wife out of the Jameson Distillery ;)
Posted on: Mar 13, 2009