Last Day in Dublin!

Dublin Travel Blog

Up early and off to hopefully get in a little sightseeing before heading back to Eindhoven.  We stop for breakfast in the hotel and then we head outside only to find out it's rather gloomy.  Booo! We make our way toward Dublin Castle only to start having the rain come down...if only I had not taken the hood off that coat!  Say goodbye to the hair as it's now beanie time!  :-)

We wandered around the grounds of Dublin Castle a bit and then it was off to St Patrick's (have to check that out!) and then on to Whitefriar where the remains of St Valentine are buried.

Brett and I played around taking photos in the gardens of St Patricks as they have a wall dedicated to famous authors which was pretty cool.

Some beautiful flower photos and we were on our way....well almost! :P  Couldn't resist taking a picture of Brett looking at a map (just for you Jos!)  Well, I got it just right that he looks like he's looking how to find St Patrick's which is directly behind him in the picture. :D

Next we headed off to Whitefriar to see St Valentine's remains.  Uh oh...we walked in and right in the middle of a service - it's Ash Wednesday.  GREAT!  I felt very out of place since people were trying to pray and here we are coming up and trying to take pictures.  I did wait until the service was over but still felt very weird so we saw the remains and left rather quickly.

We walked through St Stephen's Green which was gorgeous and provided numerous photo opportunities.

We found swans and took a ton of pictures of the beautiful birds as they swam around.  At one point, their heads were together forming a heart but I was too far away!  :-(  After Brett knealed down and put his knee in bird poop, we were off and running again.  We wandered through town, headed back to town.  We wanted to try the Boxty Cake place, get an Irish coffee, and then check out of the hotel.

The Boxty restaurant would not serve food for another 30 minutes so we couldn't eat there as we were short on time.  We ended up going back to where we had dinner our first night since the food was good and we really wanted a boxty cake! We got right in, ordered two boxty cakes, a brie, and two Irish coffees.  YUMMY!!!!  We scarfed down our food and ran off to the hotel, just in time for our late check out.

We wandered down to the bus route, and we were on the bus, headed back to Dublin airport. Awwww, so sad - hard to believe how fast the time went.  Can't wait to come back again one day!

photo by: fransglobal