Arriving in Dublin!

Dublin Travel Blog

Quick flight and we are already in Dublin!  Good thing for the Ryanair magazine as I had no one to talk to since Brett knocked out pretty much right away (I was nice and promised not to post the sleeping photos...he has blackmail ones of me from later in the trip. LOL).

Dublin airport was pretty big and fairly crowded and I could tell it was raining outside.  BLAH!  That's ok, who cares...I am in DUBLIN!!!!!!!!!!!

We stopped by the tourist desk and bought the Dublin City Pass cards that let you skip the lines and into some attractions for free.  We just bought a one day one since we were leaving Wednesday morning to head back to Eindhoven!  We got shuttle bus tickets and we were on our way to the hotel and checking out Dublin!

We arrived at our stop and my fearless navigator didn't tell me he wasn't completely sure where our hotel was in relation to the Temple Bar area.

Uuuuuuuh, thanks honey! LOL.  We were staying in the Temple Bar area but couldn't find our street on the map.  We asked someone at a restaurant and she had no clue but someone near her directed us off a few blocks.  WHEW.

After settling in our hotel (that turned out to not have wireless access) we decided to go roaming and just find somewhere for dinner.  We happened upon a fun looking place, Quays.  Big bar area and the restaurant was upstairs.  Beer please!  Brett had a Guinness of course and I had my favorite Smithwicks! In Ireland, I have to try it there for the first time!

And OMG, talk about foodgasms!  I ordered their special dinner which was a three course meal with choice of appetizer and main course.

They had something called a Boxty Cake which I had never heard of but sounded good so I chose that for my appetizer.  Brett said they were really good and thank heaven he didn't get his own because it was a pretty large appetizer.  I ordered my bangers and mash, my favorite and Brett had their famous Lamb Shank.  The food was incredible and I was so stuffed I was ready to explode after dinner.

After rolling ourselves out of the restaurant, we wandered around the area a bit, finallly stopping by the Temple Bar for a drink.  Can't be in Dublin without stopping at the Temple Bar.  And poor Brett, he lost all his pics from his last trip to Dublin since he left his camera on the bus and it was instantly snatched.  :-(

Temple Bar was awesome - incredibly crowded though and the only place we found to sit was right on top of this big heater, which put Brett to sleep almost instantly!  And of course, I got cranky because I was trying to talk to him and he was drifting off! LOL.

We headed back to the hotel to call it a somewhat early night since we really only had Tuesday as a full day to explore.  Jameson and Guinness tours await!

Dublin Hotels & Accommodations review
If You're Just Looking for a Place to Sleep...
We read mixed reviews on this hotel but had needed to book something and it was on the cheaper end and it noted close proximity to Temple Bar area. O… read entire review
photo by: fransglobal