Where is our hotel?

Rome Travel Blog

First impressions

Have you ever been to Rome? If your answer is ‘yes’ you’ve been as lucky as me and you’ve probably spent an absolutely great time in the capital of Italy! If your answer is ‘no’ you’ve missed a fantastic holiday and you should book you trip to Rome right now!

In autumn 2003 I had the wonderful opportunity of travelling to Rome for a week. A very big THANKS to my aunt and uncle, who took me with them!

On October the 13th we flew from Berlin to Rome.

After we had landed safely we grabbed our luggage and went by train to the city, where we had to find our hotel. That mission didn’t sound too difficult but became a challenge in the end because we wandered along the streets for an endless time. The reason was easy: we just couldn’t find our hotel. Okay, there was one with a pretty similar name but we wanted to pick the correct one, right?! Are you interested in getting scrambled eggs if you ordered an omelette just because it’s both egg?

We almost got a bit desperate; we checked and double-checked the hotel’s name until … until we found the mistake.

Honestly, it’s a pity if you are not very talented at learning languages because it was a simple spelling mistake on our label. Yeah, and instead of checking the hotel’s name in our papers we checked the wrong written label. And guess what; the hotel with the almost identical name from an hour ago was our accommodation.

That was our personal happy ending and one of the most amusing memories.

After we had settled down we walked through the city and formed our first impressions around the Trevi Fountain until 22pm.

The following week was just awesome! One fantastic experience after another and heaps of fun!

Airportman says:
Rome is a beautiful city and I've seen just a small portion of it. I will stay much longer next time! :)
Posted on: Jul 12, 2009
sylviandavid says:
I love Rome! If you had a taxi helping you find your motel i'll bet it cost a small fortune... nice blog... Sylvia
Posted on: Apr 19, 2009
bkretzer says:
Strange that after all I learned about Rome in school, it took the book Angels and Demons to bring the city alive for me. Good blog!
Posted on: Apr 16, 2009