Barcelona Travel Blog

Welcome to Spain ! Hopefully, I didn't come there to meet spanish people... Dammit, I thought I was back in France, with so many noisy French tourists ! But still, I met a lot of other foreigners from the USA, from Sweden, Italy, Mexico, Belgium, ..., and I spent really good evenings with them while avoiding the crowdy touristic places.
Ah, all these small absinth bars lost all around the city...
Apart from that, Barcelona was also a great place for random walks in the maze of narrow streets in the city center, for photography in the markets on in the huge industrial port, for taking long naps on the beach or in some parks, ... Yeah, I really felt good in this city full of life and colors !
But no, I didn't even visit La Sagrada Familia or stuff like that, I was just too pissed off by all those crowds of noisy tourists, and even if I agree that this kind of sites are really interesting to see, I felt like Barcelona was way more interesting for getting lost in its street and trying to melt down into its magical atmosphere than for going to retreat into crowded museums to admire tourists and postcards.
Anyway, that's my point of view...
Barcelona Hostels review
Cheap hostel
Really cheap accomodation in the very center of Barcelona, just next to a great absinth bar ! Free internet, but only a couple of computers, so you'l… read entire review