Getting from Ohrid to Struga and on to Albania

Struga Travel Blog

Another sunny, gorgeous day! I pack up and say my good byes to Antonio's parents and the Aussie headed for Skopje.

I reach the bus stop and wait for the mini-bus (small15 person vans that shuttle people between small towns in the region). Every 2 minutes or less a taxi stops and yells out "Struga", which is my destination. Shared taxis are common ways of getting between towns, as well. I'm just not feeling like cramped spaces with, 15 minutes later a mini bus stops that has a sign that says Ohrid - Struga, I think. It's in cyrllic, so I confirm with the driver.....and, it is! I get in and pay my 40 dinar (about .66 euro), cheap!

We snake along the north western coast of Lake Ohrid and arrive in Struga in good time. Not realizing, though, I have passed the stop closest to the bus station. At the next stop I ask if this is the center, and it is. I get out and start trying to orient myself. After much confusion and dragging of the suitcase, I reach the bus station with the help directions from a nice man at the post office. Other than the ticket girl, I am the only person waiting for a bus......the only person!

I buy my ticket and the bus should be here in 15 - 20 minutes but, it's not. It's 45 minutes late.  (continued in next blog)

Sunflower300 says:
Brian, you have written a wonderful blog, I enjoyed it very much. I will have to come back and follow on from here.
Posted on: May 10, 2009
Waiting on the bus to…
Waiting on the bus to Tirana....a…
photo by: delsol67