Windemere, Lakes District

Lake District Travel Blog

Besides the fact that it was FREEZING cold, Windemere is such a beautiful place... I enjoyed walking through the town on the way TO the lakes more than the lake itself. The whole place was gorgeous though and my camera died b4 we left but by gawd it was worth it!! Luckily i got the snaps on the way there so my camera wasnt so important on the way back =D. Windemere is such a an 'English' town with the little shops, roads and lots of dedication to Beatrix Potter and her Peter Rabbit tales as she was apparently from the Lakes District. I hadda buy a peter rabbit bookmark, and postcards, of course!!

When we got to the Lake, we were welcomed by a million white swans and ducks. They were very friendly and happily posed for photos and often gave us sideways glances perhaps thinking I was a little less stable than I reeeeeeeally am. Well its not everyday that ya get to play wiv swans ...and stuff!!

The trees were more fun.. well.. artistically anyway. They make u look like a real life professional(ish) photographer!! Well thats what I think =P! We went up to the pub overlooking the river and had a quick drink b4 our train left to come back home again. A Kaluha coffee thingy wasnt too bad for a cold day!!

much love to this snap!!