Home Base At Dolores Alba Chichén Itzá
Chichen Itza Travel Blog› entry 1 of 7 › view all entries
I have stayed at Dolores Alba, Chichén Itzá 9 times since the 1970's. I have use it as home base to explore a dozen Maya ruins, several cenotes and colonial towns in the area. Other than Chichén Itzá you can make day trips from the Doloris Alba to ruins of Yaxuna, Coba, Ek Balam, Izamal, Ake, Ikil and Balankanche Caverns. The Dolores Alba offers the best value and the most friendly and helpful staff. They offer free car service to the Chichén Itzá or the Balankanche Cavern each day. Their restaurant and palapa dining experience is a real treat. Their swimming pool is some how connected to the water table.
Chichén Itzá ruins are 5 star, they are on a grand scale. It takes more than a full day to see everything.
There are a number of activities other than Chichén Itzá ruins. I have include several other ruins that you could include in day trips from Dolores Alba.
The Balankanche caverns are natural with typical formations and historic Mayan sanctuaries where they performed ceremonies. You can see the natural underground river with indigenous blind fish.
Ek Balam is located about 70 kilometers north of Chichén Itzá . It was a large city Maya city state controlling more than 2,500 square miles, with thousands of structures. Most of the visible architecture dates to the Late Classic.
There are several Cenotes in which you can swim like the one in Ik Kil park right across the highway from the hotel (Discount tickets available at the front desk) or Dzitnup with wonderful formations only 30 km away.
* 2 1/2 Hrs. Drive from Cancún Airport
* Country Style Hotel surrounded by nature's exuberance
* 40 Bungalows with Bath, Private Terrace & Safety Box
* Ceiling Fan & Air Conditioning
* Satellite Color TV with free HBO
* Restaurant & Bar
* Two filtered Swimming Pools with Ionization Technology (No Chemicals)
* Internet Service
* Guarded Parking
* Frontal Bus Depot
* Free Transportation To The Ruins
* Cenotes At Your Door Step
* Extensive Gardens
* Located Between The Ruins And The Sacred Balankanche Caves
* Rates from $39 to $55 U.S. Dollars