Who knew coconuts are dangerous!!!!

Yeppoon Travel Blog

I woke up around 7, had a quick shower and went to the lounge to have some pineapple and cereal.

We went off to explore some markets down the coast a bit, at Rainbow Beach I think. The drive was lovely, all lush green with views of the ocean every now and again, its rugged coastline and the mansions built along it. Not to mention the mangroves! It was all quite different to home.

The markets weren't very good, it had rained earlier in the morning so we left pretty quickly.

When we got back to Lammermoor, Jessy & John went for a swim at the beach (again) and I went for a walk to a small shop down the road. As i was walking down the lovely neat and tidy road, lined with beautiful coconut palms, a COCONUT fell about 3 feet in front of me! I always get thinking about timing once these kind of things happen!

Around 10.

The little shells which is like sand!
00 we left to go into the actual town of Yeppoon, to have a bit of shopping and a look around.

Not a big town, although it is growing in size. A fair crowd were down at Main Beach, with the little nippers doing some training. A few touristy shops, a few fashion and surf shops, most which surprised us and were open on a Sunday!

We met up with Sam, Ian and the kids in a bigger, fairly new shopping centre just outside of the town. It wasnt too bad with the shopping variety. We had lunch at Maccas then headed back to our hotel.

We agreed to meet up with the kids at the beach again in the afternoon, around 4ish.

After a bit of a dip, the waves weren't very good, and the water a yucky colour, so we ended up looking for small crabs in the rock pools and finding shells which we could make into necklaces later on. On patches of Lammermoor beach, there are just sooo many little shells, which you think is sand until you have a closer look. It doesnt hurt to walk on or anything!

Back to the room for a shower and a bit of quiet time, we then went over to their house for dinner - hamburgers :)

WRBoyd says:
I was actually warned about coconuts falling for when I went to Thailand, they can do some serious damage!
Posted on: Apr 17, 2009
The little shells which is like sa…
The little shells which is like s…
Jessy walking with Great Keppel Is…
Jessy walking with Great Keppel I…
Beautiful Lammermoor