Rain, rain and more rain!

Yeppoon Travel Blog

There was a frangipani tree!!

We finally made it! The drive from rocky to Yeppoon was quite nice, all lush and green. And the abundance of big billboard signs which we would be seeing much more of. First things first, we checked into our hotel we were staying at – Lammermoor Apartments. It is a family run hotel, with self catering apartments. It is opposite a really nice and peaceful Lammermoor beach. You can see Great Keppel Island which is now open for day trips. Unfortunately we didn’t have time to go out there, if we had another day than I defiantly would have!

After we all got settled and sleeping arrangements were finalised, we went for a drive to try and find our Aunty & Uncle’s place. After numerous amounts of u-turns and arguments, we decided to give them a call for some directions.

Denis & his guinea pig
We finally found their house – with the four kids waiting outside to meet us.

We had not seen our cousins for years, Shelby we had not seen at all. The three boys, Lachlan, Jack & Denis were all as I remembered, just grown in size. The afternoon quickly turned into evening, and after we’d had the run-down on everything in the place, including Denis’ tropical bright green tree frog he proudly picked up out of a water pipe, holding Locky’s ginormous pet lizard and taking numerous photos of Shelby, we decided to head back to our hotel.

We grabbed a few things at a small shopping centre then headed back to Lammermoor which the kids came down for a swim with us. We ended up just grabbing take away pizzas from Eagle Boys and eating at Sam & Ians.
Denis & his guinea pig
Denis & his frog he pulled from a …
Denis & his frog he pulled from a…
Me & Shelby