Merry Christmas!

Seoul Travel Blog

The fake castle which fooled me.
We woke up to find the roads outside our hotel to be covered with fresh snow during the night. Then the journey continued to Everland. Everland is a magical place, much like, hmmm, Disneyland, though I havent been to Disneyland myself. We were given an unlimited ride pass, which were worn around our wrists. The attendants in Everland wore very festive costumes, and they welcomed us by turning their hands. This action actually serves 2 purpose. One, when we return their welcome, they will be able to see the type of pass that we wear on our wrist as we raise and turn our hands to greet them back. Two, it was cold, so it is one of the ways for them to keep themselves warm. Anyway, I was enchanted by a fake castle in the park. It looked so real that I mistook it for a real building at first.
The bears that should be hibernating
I cannot imagine how deep my WOW will be when I head to London this May to see Tower of London and Westminster Abbey etc.

After getting a tourist map, we were off. The tour guide led us to a snow boarding ground, where we queued for our turns. It is just sliding off a snow-covered slope with a float. But of course, being Christmas day, the park is packed with local and foreign tourists. There were many people at the queue, fortunately, the queue was fast. After finishing my ride, I waited and filmed my mum and sis, as they go for their second and third rides. That was when while waiting for them to come down, and attempting to catch them on film, it started snowing. First it was falling slowly, I was excited! Imagine snow slowly falling down, alone in a snow covered dreamland with christmas songs (though in Korean) playing in the background, I was thankful for that moment.
I love this picture.
As I reunite with my mum and sis, the snow became heavier. We wasted no time to catch a few shots of us in snow and head towards the nearest heating element which had been stationed around Everland to provide warmth for those who need them.

Half a day is definitely not enough. We went for a safari ride, and saw bears doing tricks just for biscuit treats. Shouldnt they be hibernating? I dont know. After some shopping to get some cute cartoony stuff for my other sis, we were off.

After an enjoyable day in Everland, we took off to a ski resort, which I couldnt remember what was the name, but I really enjoyed sleeping there. We slept on the floor, the Korean way, with a mattress they called "kang". Of course, I have watched how Korean slept in their drama shows, so identifying which is the mattress and which is the blanket is no problem.
It was the best night I have spent in my whole life. I never though sleeping on a mattress thinner then those found in hotel could be soo satisfying. I slept almost immediately, and did not wake up until my mum woke me. Anyway, before we slept, we went for our free ski lesson from our tour guide.

According to the guide, most Koreans know how to ski, or snowboard. The guide himself is a skilled ski-er (is there such a word?) and the photographer from the tourism board snow boards. We didnt do much skiing that night, just roll down, fall down, get up to a steeper region and roll down again. Anyway, it was a nice experience.

So, back at our resort, we had a nice living room, kitchen and sleeping room. Once the mattresses are laid, We cover ourselves up and slept through the night!
The fake castle which fooled me.
The bears that should be hibernati…
The bears that should be hibernat…
Sweets in Everland