Bath Spa

Bath Travel Blog

Picturesque Bath, I arrived for a daytrip out of London in the middle of Summer,  but somehow we had a persistent miserable drizzle the whole day through. Despite this, the beauty of Bath was still appreciable, which says a lot considering my fondness for damp. The old buildings and European architecture have been meticulously preserved, and although we couldn't be bothered queueing up to see the inside of the Roman Baths (the whole point of the place?!), the outside was enough for us to gawk at.

Tea seems to be a speciality there, and we spent a pleasant hour ensconced in a little underground tea shop with roaring fires and heating galore (bless them!). The upstairs of the place is a store selling tea leaves and tea utensils, with every variety you can imagine for your sniffing pleasure and perusal. The downstairs tea shop obviously takes it's teas very seriously - they provide each cup with a mini timer that goes off to show when exactly 4 minutes brewing had occurred, the optimal time for the type of tea I'd ordered. My attempts to then drink my tea during this narrow margin of opportunity were, at best, dismal. But the tea itself was good!

Bath has some lovely locations for photo taking, and the wide boulevards and crescents with sweeping green lawns make everything look like a perfect blend of English and Roman. I probably wouldn't spend more than a day there though, as it's easily walkable to all the sites. One day I'll actually go there to take the rejuvenating waters ala The Dutchess!

photo by: Hummingbird