Not quick but not long enough layover in San Jose...

San Jose Travel Blog

landing to San Jose
When I was booking the flight to Miami, I didn't care about the layovers, just about the price, hehe. A friend found this cheap flight and I took it. But why was it so cheap? because it had an almost 6hrs layover in San Jose!!! I didn't realize it until I was about leaving. Ok, nevermind I can use it to leave the airport and know the city but:

-airport is not so close to San Jose, taking a taxi is not cheap and takes long
-Peruvians need a visa for doing it, grrrrrr

We arrived to the airport before noon. I was flying by myself, but wasn't alone at least not for long. I met a Peruvian and a Bolivian girl when we were leaving the plane. We all were in our way to Miami, so had plenty of time to kill.
at the airport
Why don't we try to leave the airport? The Peruvian girl told me that once she heard you can get a special permission from the authorities. So why not to try it? Let's go! The Bolivian girl wasn't sure, but didn't want to stay alone, haha.

So we went to the customs area. We were trying to convince the officer to let us out, but he refused. Finally he agreed, but it was too late, by the time we came back to the airport we'd might have lost our flight, grrrrr. Well, I learned how to do it and I'd try to do it in my way back home. I had another long layover at the airport, hehe.

We just went to the food court area and looked for some Costa Rican food. But didn't look very tasty. Just got something to drink and sat to chill out. Then we went to our gate. It wouldn't be take long until it was time to leave, but... it started to rain and our flight was delayed. I was thinking about Monica. She was waiting for me at Miami's airport. Hopefully she checked the status of the flight before going to the airport....
San Jose