My Home

Buenavista Travel Blog

My Best Friend

Buenavista was coined from the Spanish Words Buena and Vista which has English translation of Good View.  True to her origin,  Buenavista is a town with a view.  Take it from me because I am locale there.  For would not love and patronize his/her town but  the residents themselves.  I consider our town a residential and leisure area because it is relatively peaceful, an ideal place to raise a family.  It is also home to black sand beaches that stretch up to 10 kilometers from one end to another.   Every Weekend especially during Sunday, locales and tourists from Butuan City flock to Tinago and Sacol Beach resorts to enjoy the clean waters of our town.

The last remaining virgin forest in Agusan del Norte  is said to be in our town.

Saint James the Great Parish
When I was still working in a Watershed project, I personally see with my eyes that, our town are still filled with trees, though not much of quantity compared 10 years or 20 years ago but nevertheless it has remaining forests.

Old families were either educated at Saint James High School or Buenavista Institute, the 2 oldest Secondary Institution of the town.  It is a long running tradition that one family should study in either one of the schools here.  Held every December 27 ��" 31, Alumni Homecoming is the most anticipated event  of the year.   Immigrants from other countries, those working and study anywhere in the Philippines would always find ways to come back and attend to this occasssion.   THe host batches for the year are the alumni who graduated exactly 10 years ago and in partnership with the Silver Jubillarean.  Alumni HOmwecoming is truly one of the reasons why holidays are warmer in Buenavista.

No striking landmarks are present in our town, except for the Rizal Town Plaza and the “Jurassic Park”(once a skating rink) facing the Butuan City.  The park stands in the former Public Market of the town.  Every afternoon, some skim surfers are practicing for fun and for competition.

Buenavista is a town with big potential, with the right push and opportunity, I truly believe that this town will boom.

Saint James the Great Parish
Saint James High School - my alma …
Saint James High School - my alma…
Glends pa rin