Nha Trang for the Weekend

Nha Trang Travel Blog

For my last weekend on placement, Ruth (from Wales) and I headed down on the 8 hour train journey to Nha Trang on Friday afternoon. Waking up early on Saturday, we headed to Thap Ba Hot Springs. After a luxurious mud bath, mineral bath and a swim in a hot springs pool, which was 38 degrees, we motor-taxied back into town. After our bellies were full, we shopped for a good couple hours, headed to the beach, and spent an hour and a half getting a massage at a local spa. No happy endings, thank goodness, but definitely a more intimate massage. We had dinner at the only Mexican restaurant in town, El Coyote and Ruth even got a haircut from a western, balding, fairly intoxicated, older man after. To finish our fabulous day, we spent far too much money on extravagant homemade ice cream and called it a night.

Again, waking up early we headed out on Mama Linh's Boat tour. Departing we made 4 stops, first the aquarium, which we did not participate, second snorkeling, SO glad I did this. It was right off the shore of Mun Island and I honestly could not believe all the fish I saw. I saw a nemo, a dory, tons of gill looking ones and even this bizarre neon one that I can't even think of what to compare it to. The photo attached looks slightly like it, but the ones I saw had more electric lines.

The rest of the boat tour I found was slightly a waste of time, if I were to go back I'd just go to a dive shop and do a snorkel tour for a couple hours in the morning. That night we had lovely homemade spinach ravioli and then grabbed some banana cake and headed for the train. Leaving at 7:30pm, we got sleepers and slept for the most part until arriving at 4:30am this morning in Da Nang. Deciding to walk, Ruth and I got back to the GVN house just over and hour later and have since had breakfast and cafe sua! Being my last day, I'm sure to be tired, but super excited to be leaving for Hanoi tomorrow.

Flying out at 5:00, I'll be having dinner in Hanoi and hopefully leaving for Halong Bay by Wednesday.

Write soon,