AsiaVietnamHanoi

Last Night in Hanoi

Hanoi Travel Blog

I've just gotten in from my last walk through the streets in Hanoi. It's odd, but I'm quite excited to go back to Da Nang tomorrow even though Hanoi had so much to do. I've seen quite a bit while I've been here including the Temple of Literature, Ho Chi Minh's Mausoleum, Ho Chi Minh's Stilt House, the Museum of Ethnology, Ngoc Son Temple, Cua O Quan Chuong (the old east gate),  St Joseph Cathedral, Dong Xuan Market and many other small markets all over the Old Quarter. I even went to SF Spa, just up the road, today and had one of the oddest spa experiences I've ever had I must say... It's hard to explain so I think I'll just leave that story for another time, but I would not advise anyone in the area to stop by for anything, but a facial because that was excellent. Anyways, staying at the Real Darling Cafe for my first two nights and Camellia Hotel for my last three, I have definitely enjoyed both, but the extra money splurged on the Camellia was well worth it. I ate at some amazing restaurants, many mentioned in Lonely Planet such as Koto, Hanoi Garden, Baan Thai Restaurant, Al Fresco's, Tamarind Cafe, Puku, Quan Bia Ming, and just tonight, Pane E Vino. My personal favourite had to be Koto, not only did it have an awesome terrace to sit and enjoy lunch up on the fourth floor along with numerous other dining areas on the other floors, the food was outstanding and it's also a non-profit organization to help train and get street kids of Hanoi work experience and jobs. Right across the street from the Temple of Literature, I would highly reccommend it to anyone in the area.

Tomorrow as I said, I'm heading back to Da Nang and after a quick visit at the GVN House, I'll be busing to Hoi An for my final nights in Vietnam. Hopefully the weather will pick up again, it hasn't been so grand in Hanoi, but apparently that's normal, but Da Nang has been having serious cold weather since I left and it looks like it's not supposed to get much better in the days to come. Fingers-crossed really hard, but maybe I'll have one day of sunshine before I head home to the freezer.

Write soon,