Hanoi Arrival

Hanoi Travel Blog

Yesterday after a very long day without much sleep, I finished my last day of placement at AOV1. With three new volunteers arriving that night, we all went out for drinks across the road and got to know each other. Trying to get organized, I also did all my laundry so it'd be dry by morning and good thing I did because today, just after I got up early to help the cooks with banana pancakes, I took down all my clothes and not even 30 minutes later, it started to pour. Hanging out at the house today, I packed and got ready for my flight at 4:30pm. Walking up to the plane, I found it so odd to see the size of my plane. For a 70 minute flight, I had what appeared to be a plane that I would take to fly internationally - very weird. Finally landing in Hanoi, I cabbed to my hotel, Real Darling Cafe, and just headed out to explore. Wondering around for awhile I ended up falling upon a restaurant I had read about in lonely planet, Hanoi Garden Restaurant. I had lovely fresh shrimp spring rolls with mint and lemon grass to start and the most delicious cashew chicken for my main. The dinner was lovely, but sitting outside I found myself cold and not used to Hanoi's cooler weather. However, I would highly reccommend this restaurant. For 182 000d, I had plenty of delicious food and a beautiful patio to enjoy.

I'm planning on doing some sight-seeing tomorrow and then fingers-crossed Halong Bay the following. Be sure to keep you updated.

Write soon,