First Day

Da Nang Travel Blog

Yesterday was supposed to be my first day out volunteering, but lovely enough I woke up at 7am to the worst sickness I think I've ever experienced. From puking to diarrhea (I know you all wanted to know) and it was ALL DAY. I went back to sleep shortly after 7, woke up around 1pm, had a piece of baguette, then headed back to bed. I slept all the way through the afternoon, dinner, and the night to wake up this morning at 6am feeling much better, but still with a tummy ache.

Since I was feeling incredibly better I headed out this morning for the malnourished centre. It's home to 5 babies and 4 disabled kids. We got to play with them, did some small exercises with them and then fed them lunch. As for our lunch we headed back to the GVN house to have some noodle something, but I could barely eat two bites. After an hour nap, we headed to the AOV2 centre (agent orange victims). There were tons of kids there, atleast 15 disabled downstairs and about 20 babies upstairs. I was downstairs for the afternoon and got to play games the whole time. I even got a back massage from one of the older boys.

After coming back to the house, we had a dinner of rice with pork, peas, and egg. I ate about half, which I thought wasn't bad considering the day before. We headed out to the mall where I bought ritz crackers and some juice. As for the rest of the night I think I'm gonna have a shower and then to bed, another early night would do me well.

Write soon,
arden_rochelle says:
So 15 pounds is gone... :)
miss you!