Final Night in Vietnam

Da Nang Travel Blog

On Tuesday afternoon, Ruth and I headed down to Hoi An after I arrived back in Da Nang from Hanoi. Spending the night at Minh A Ancient House, or something along the lines, we found ourselves in an old chinese house with the neatest architecture and most beautiful wood, but it was a bit too cold for our liking with a few too many cockroaches and way too many spiders to stay another night. Checking into a new hotel Wednesday morning, we carried on shopping for the majority of the day. Everyone from the GVN House came down and joined us for dinner as we sat on the patio and watched the hundreds of candles being put into the river for the full moon festival. With all the lanterns lit up through out the town, it was such a gorgeous start to the evening.

Since it was a Wednesday though, there was no beach party scheduled for that night. So after watching the lovely lights and having dinner, we carried on to the Before and Now bar for pool and a few drinks before discovering there would be a beach party after all! Stopping at Club Salsa first, we got in some warm-up dancing and then headed for the beach. With a few more drinks and a bit more dancing, the night ended late for me as I made my way back to my hotel and said goodbye to the GVN crew who had to cab back to Da Nang for work the this morning. Those are what I call good friends.

Spending today on my own, I hit the beach and just soaked up the last bit of Vietnam I could before catching a bus, which was actually a van today, with numerous older vietnamese women back to Da Nang. They must have felt bad for me or something because they kept offering me banana leaf wraps and corn on the cob.

Now back at GVN, I'm just packing up the rest of my things and getting ready for tomorrow. In about 36 hours, I'll be back in Victoria and in the cold once again... However cold it will be, I am quite excited to be going home, but could easily stay another month or two here. It's been so amazing and gone far too fast as it always seems to.

Until my next adventure,