The End of Week 3

Da Nang Travel Blog

This week could not have gone faster if I wanted it to. After the regular daily activities at the centres, university teaching on Monday and Tuesday this week in the evenings, and tons of sunshine; I can't believe it's already Friday. Rather than teaching this week though, I ended up interviewing 30+ students for next years english classes. I helped rate their english for placement in either a beginner, intermediate, or advanced class. After Monday's session we went out for drinks with the coordinator at the University and on Tuesday she took us for a traditional Vietnamese meal. Walking into a dim, plastic chair venue, I wasn't expecting the delicious meal we had.

Wednesday we got to hang out and just relax after our day. However last night, Thursday, we got to go to one of the translator's universities for a Vietnamese battle of the bands - no joke. With mostly Vietnamese acoustic, we were lucky to have a few english songs, including hotel california, serenaded to us. To finish off the event, there was a heavy metal rock Vietnamese group that could not have been funnier. Of course we were asked to stay for photos (I've never felt so much like a celebrity in this country) and one girl was even asked for her number.

Today, I spent the morning washing babies and came back to GVN for a lovely lunch, I even spent the majority of this afternoon on the rooftop patio. Tonight is set to be even better though. We're planning on going to a local Karaoke bar with some of the translators and 3 of the volunteers from Tam ky (coming up today for the hike we leave on tomorrow) will also be joining us. It should be a blast.

With an early morning ahead of us, we'll be breaking for Bach Ma National Park around 8 and stay there for the night. It's supposed to be absolutely gorgeous, but fairly wet. I'll be sure to tell you all about it.

Write soon,
Amber
hummingbird50 says:
wow have fun Amber it sounds awesome
Have a great day
Here it is finally getting warmer
I will be heading out to the trail Sunday!!!!
Bev