Our Family Outing

Anacoco Travel Blog

On Feb 21 and 22 Me, Niki and the 2 girls decided to take a family outing. We went to Vernon Lake where we did some fishing and some relaxing. Al though the weather was not the greatest, we still had a blast. The winds was so rough we hardly got to fish but the girls liked playing arround and Being near the camp fire.

Sun Feb 22 we got to do lot more fishing, the winds calmed down and we was able to cast out. we fished all day long and all we caught was a little catfish. I was not upset because I saw my daughters having fun. That was what the trip was all about, for them to have fun. Skyler got to use her new fishing pole and she learned how to build a camp fire and roast hotdogs. The baby just ran arround and tryed to chase her sister. They had a Blast.

Vernon Lake is Located 28 miles South of Many on HWY 171. It is a very nice place. The lake is very beautiful, It has a spill way that drains in to the river which is awsom. Niki and the girls really enjoyed seeing that. They got a nice little swimming area for the family and kids durning the summer days. and lots of shade to get under when its hot. It is a very nice place to go if you wanna relax. I know I enjoyed it with my family. We are planing on going back there maybe some time in March.

I took some pics of the lake and the spill way and the kids and niki. Some of them was real funny. I know i missed one. Niki was roasting a hot dog and the stick caught on fire and her hot dog fell in the fire. that was funny. and the face she made was funny too.  Some of the pics are of the water when the wind was bad and others is just to let you see what it was like.

If you ever go to Vernon Lake in a boat be sure to be very carefull. The lake has a lot of stumps that can sneak up on you, specially when the wind is blowing.  They havent really had any boating accidents out there but any thing is possible.