Big internal changes, but not a lot of preparations :)

New York Travel Blog

It’s been a while since I updated, because I have not focused much on China for a while. I have been going through a major “growth spurt”, so to speak, on a spiritual level. I actually can’t remember when I wasn’t going through a spiritual change, but this one has been roughly since the time Max and I broke up. I have been reaching out and meeting people, for the sake of making friendships and not as a means to find a boyfriend – this is a major shift for me. My entire view of men has changed.

I have been reading intensely all my vacation. I’ve been singing more than I ever have in my entire life. In fact, I am coming to realize that singing is as important to me as acupuncture in terms of what to “do” in life – it just brings me immense joy. I’ve been getting voice lessons to prepare for my first ever solo that I will be doing at the end of May and now I realize I want to keep getting lessons even after I’m done with the solo.

This morning I have also had a breakthrough in my understanding about eating, which is a big topic for me, because I’ve battled obesity since I was 13.

Before leaving for China, I will be taking “Comps 2” – a yearly comprehensive exam given by our school. This means that I have a LOT of studying to do, because I will also have 4 challenging classes and clinic in school. The reason I say this, is that once school starts again after this break, I will probably not have a lot of time to prepare for China at all. I will continue to read as I always do, and based on how things are going now, I anticipate some major growth over the summer, but not a lot of time to devote to China specifically. It’s probably not a bad thing anyway, because I really don’t want to obsess (we already have a girl who’s coming with us that does all the obsessing for all 4 of us!! Haha!).

One thing I have been doing is a lot of research on the digital camera I want to buy. I have a really old one that takes horrible pictures, and I want to invest in a really good one to take lots and lots of awesome pictures while away. Actually, I can’t wait to use it even before I go away – I want to go to Central Park and go nuts taking pictures of everything that blooms, the bridges, etc – and I want to do that soon because spring is here!! Anyway, but that’s one thing I’ve been doing to get ready for China, so that counts too! :)

WaltJake says:
get a camera with a high pixel count, so you can take sharp pictures and blow them up. also, bring more memory cards than you think you will need! (a high-pixelation setting will take better pictures, but use up more memory) Have a great trip, can't wait to hear about it!
Posted on: May 06, 2007