First Day - At Sea

Caribbean Travel Blog

Flowrider

The order of today - RELAX!  Monday dawned sunny and warm which made for a great at sea day.  Knowing lounge chairs around the pool were going to be prime property, we set off exploring the ship.  With 15 decks, there would be a lot to discover and then some.  We used the day to rest in the sunshine, meet people, and eat the soft serve frozen yogurt!  Flowrider located on the back of the ship proved to be fun entertainment as guests were trying to boogie board on the high seas.

The highlight for us was seeing a school of dolphins off the side of the ship!  There must have been a hundred or so swimming alongside the ship.  We sighted them while discovering the heliport area in the front of the ship.

Liquid Refreshment
  I didn't have my camera with me at the time, but that was the most dolphins I have seen in the wild ever!  From that time on, I had my camera with me.  Just seeing them swimming and jumping was the best part of the day!

All kinds of activities were going on, and the Daily Compass was a necessity to keep us informed of times and places.  The only time requirement we had the whole day was dinner at 6:15 pm.  The theme for the night was formal with portrait settings available.  Though some despise getting "dressed up," it was fun to see everyone dressed for dinner.  Guests are not required to dress formally and have other options for dining.  A production show by the Royal Caribbean singers and dancers followed our dinner, and more entertainment throughout the ship was available.  With a very busy day ahead (snorkeling in Belize), we decided to head back to the cabin for the night.

AH, I liked relaxing!