No habla espanol!

Los Angeles Travel Blog

But that's ok!  On the 23rd I'm off to Honduras to FINALLY go on a brigade!  For all the work that I've been doing with GB, all the board meetings I've attended, the expansion to Ghana and the UK that's happening this year...I'm FINALLY getting on the ground to actually go on a brigade! YAY!

I don't know my itinerary except that I'm flying into Tegucigalpa with the UCSD group.  The ticket was much cheaper for them to fly out of LA so they are taking a charter bus up here and catching the 1:00 am flight with me.  I think I'm joining their group for 4 days in Honduras as well (we have quite a few down there that week because of spring break) for the medical portion of my around the world style GB trip.  I only have ten days there but in those ten days I'll be doing part of a medical, public health and water brigade.  I'll get to see Joy again (yay I adore her!), meet up with Teresa I believe, see Orion again and get to just overall experience all that IS GB.

I've been practicing my Spanish =)  I know how to say "Vamos a jugar futball" and "Que Bonita" in addition to the common "Como estas?" and it's responses and one or two random words like el bano.  haha.  I've been asking the kitchen guys at my work to help me learn a few new phrases each day but I've forgotten a lot of them already.....grrrr!

I leave March 23rd and will be back April 2nd.  I really wish I could go for longer but I can't take much time off work.  I'm officially licensed and insured with my business though and moving forward with things so hopefully by summer I can quit at least one of my jobs and have more flexibility! =)