EuropeFranceLyon

ARGENSON,one of the 5 Bocuse brasseries,canteen of Olympique Lyonnais soccer team.

Lyon Travel Blog

The lovely terrace of Argenson

Once more time as guest,I had a lunch is this Bocuse brasserie close to the Gerland stadium and the headquarters of Olympique Lyonnais soccer team,almost in the middle of nowhere.One may often see there national stars of soccer or local business and political or politician celebrities.The shady terrace is lovely in summer but the dining room,always full on the bad days is often noisy.Managed by Christophe Michelon and Raphaêl Jimenez as chef,the menu features home-style classics like veal escalope and macaronis gratin,several sorts of tartar,veal liver poelé...I had today a light classic starter with tomatoes and mozarella flavored by pistou(basil) and my beloved scallops cooked like I like (rare).No dessert today!

At lunch, the 3 courses menu costs 23,80,the 2 courses 21,30 and if you take the à la carte menu it will be between 40 to 50 euro.

ARGENSON 40 Allée Pierre de Coubertin 69007 Lyon

tel:0472737273

open 7 days a week,Metro line B,stop stade de Gerland

On the way to Argenson,I saw a restaurant which offers a 3 courses menu for 8,40 euro:Mixez vos envies 200 Avenue Jean Jaurès 69007 Lyon,open on Mondays till Fridays from 1130 to 1430.

sylviandavid says:
Bernard... Thanks for an introduction to a wonderful place with wonderful food.... You are a master at finding and introducing them to your TravBuddies! sylvia
Posted on: Jun 22, 2009
entry of Gerland stadium
entry of Gerland stadium
our 3 hosts
our 3 hosts
the dining room empty in June!
the dining room empty in June!
menu of the day
menu of the day
wine list
wine list
Im very proud of my Fijian shirt!
I'm very proud of my Fijian shirt!
starter
starter
Scallops and vegetables à la niç…
Scallops and vegetables à la ni…
tartar