the Campania Region trip day 1

Massa Lubrense Travel Blog

Capri from our house.

The first day of our Campania region trip was just driving from the Naples Airport to our rented house in Massa Lubrense.   This did not look very far on the map but maps in Italy can be deceiving.  It took 2 and a half hours.  It took so long because it is mostly city driving and a lot through the curvy and hill filled coast.  Most of the time you can’t drive very fast at all.  After we got our food supply for the house we took off.  I forgot to change the settings on my GPS,  it still had avoid toll roads, so this led us through the slums of Naples.  Naples is very dirty and the people drive insane there.  But after all that driving we made it to the house in Massa Lubrense.  The roads there are very narrow.  The first night we lost power and our propane heater went out.  The number that the people gave us didn’t work so we slept in the cold and powerless.  It goes without saying that we did not want to stay any longer so we checked out that next morning.  My wife Claudia had a friend on the north side of Naples, so the rest of the trip we stayed with them.  SO the first day was pretty bad but I did get soem good pictures of the Island of Capri.

Capri from our house.
OUr house and rental car.
OUr house and rental car.
Our House
Our House
the Coast
the Coast
Our drive way.
Our drive way.
The narrow roads of Massa Lubrense.
The narrow roads of Massa Lubrense.
Massa Lubrense