Ugh, Coco Cay

Coco Cay Travel Blog

Beach chairs were EVERYWHERE.
My sister and I went snorkeling when we got to Coco Cay.  That was kind of cool, except everything is very planted.  They sunk a piece of a ship and part of a plane in the water, so its not that exciting. PLUS, when you get close to them, they have people who throw fish food at you so the fish come close to you.  Now, that's all well and good, but I'd rather see fish reacting normally.  Fishing coming at me to eat things is sometimes scary.

Other than that, the beach isn't all that amazing. It was super hot and finding shade was a bit difficult if you wanted to hang out on the beach.  Also, there was A LOT of seaweed in the water and the water was only ankle deep for about 10 feet, then would drop off quickly.

Plus, other than swimming, everything on the island costs money--except food.  The buffet was a bit disconcerting too.  Although I am vegan and don't eat mayonnaise, they had potato salad out in the hot, hot heat that people were eating after it sat out.  Warm weather + mayonnaise + time = horrible stomach ache.

To get back and forth from the island, you had to take another smaller boat.  This was okay, but the seats were either metal or some sort of plastic because they burned so badly.

Not my favorite day.  But, it was nice to see the ocean.
The pool deck.