Setting Up Camp

Gardiner Travel Blog

Our campsite.
After meeting up with the group in Missoula, we drove out to the campsite in Gardiner, MT.  The view from the campsite was beautiful.

We set up out tents and ate dinner, then some guys wanted to go see an elk that was nearby.  I tagged along and when we were crossing a small creek I must've landed on my right leg funny because the next thing I know, its broken.  Just my luck.  Everything turned out alright, I got a piggyback ride out of the woods, into the back of the SUV and driven down the mountain.  An ambulance met us at a gas station and they took it from there.  I spent the next 5 days at a hospital in Livingston, MT--which is a nearby town.  Let me tell you, their hospital is fabulous.  It has enough beds for about 20 patients, and each person has their own room.  I had a view of the mountains from my hospital bed and wild animals, like moose, tend to come onto hospital property.

I guess it was a beautiful place to break my leg, plus the surgeon was amazingly skilled at fixing broken tibia/fibulas since they seem to see a lot of them.

I plan to go back for a visit when I have the money.  I never officially got to see Yellowstone, just the parts I could see from the campsite.
Beautiful mountains.