3 Day Bus Ride, Here I Come!

Boston Travel Blog

I left South Station in Boston on a Greyhound bus.  I know the bus isn't the fanciest way to travel, but I've adapted to sleeping on the bus and finding interesting things to do during long layovers in the bus terminals.  Mostly I people watch or read/write.

My favorite parts of the bus trip?
  • Meeting a woman from Australia who was heading out to North Dakota.  She was so nice and towards the end we were both very giddy from exhaustion and we had lots of giggles.  I do wish I got her e-mail though.
  • Fargo, ND.  I love the movie Fargo...so being in the place it was named after was fabulous.  Its a very small town, lots of industrial buildings.  The people are terrifically nice, the ones I met at least.
  • The people.
  • Minneapolis, MN.  Just driving through made me want to come for a visit.
  • The Badlands.  So beautiful.  I wish I could convince someone to go on a camping trip there.
  • The wedding party I saw at a bowling alley in North Dakota.  They were cute, and the groom was wearing a tux t-shirt.
My least favorite parts?
  • The NY bus station.  Oh. My. Gosh.  Sooo many terminals.  And no signs or postings about where your bus could possibly be.  I enjoy the smaller terminals because they are easier to move around in and there is little worry about missing your bus because you just couldn't find the terminal.

oldschoolbill says: