Ohh's and Ahh's in Ozamiz

Ozamiz City Travel Blog

Local Transpo.

I finally had a chance to visit Ozamis City last February 9 �" 14, 2009 on an official travel.  I only had a  glimpse of this city since the bus from and going to Dipolog City stopped over in this place.  The city has airport, seaport and bus stations so it can be reached through plane,  boat and bus from the countries major ports of call.  It would take at least 3 hours if one would travel from Cagayan de Oro.

It was a sunny morning when I arrived in this warm city.  I directly went to Misamis University (MU) where I had to meet Ma’am Grace, my contact there.  I was led to Misamis University Community Extension Project (MUCEP) office.

Malooy ko sa sikad. MInimun fare is only P4.00
  I was entertained by the amiable Sam.  Since it was lunchtime, we had  a hearty lunch at the University Cafeteria.

I finally met Ma’am Grace at the Royal Garden Hotel, the place where I was billeted.  Ma’am Grace was  likeble and we became friends instantly.  Jinx, the office assistant was also very accommodating and friendly. I stayed in the hotel after the usual briefing.

Royal Garden Hotel was a cozy and charming hotel situated at the heart of the city.  My room was clean especially the Powder Room and the Air-conditioning system was working properly.  Though the TV was only 12”, nevertheless I didn’t mind it.  I noticed one thing about the hotel staff, they wear a sad face.  It’s really depressing looking at them.

On my way to the Cotta

I celebrated my nth birthday in this city.  As usual, I am always out of town during my birthday.  Well, at least I can save my money because I didn’t need to celebrate. It was Friday the 13th, a day considered my occults as bad luck.   Fortunately, my friend Ashley arrived earlier so he was my companion throughout the rest of my trip.

I invited Ashley to eat ice cream at the Hotel Restaurant.  On our way, we saw Manny and Jun, so the 4 of us had a happy dessert at the Veranda.

We were about to retire when Jboy and Eping texted us to have a night out with them.  I usually don’t drink but since it was my birthday, I might as well celebrate it with them.

Outside Cotta
  Only a few meters from my hotel, the venue was called Uncle’s Place located just across Supermix along the National highway.  Though it was a Friday, only  4 �" 5 groups occupied the tables.  Entertainment in Uncle’s Place was VideoKe.  Each table was allotted 3 songs of their choice and performed it in the stage.  I never had the golden voice of my father, but I am always courageous to blow my lungs out.  I sung When I met You and the Gift (duet with Jboy, we was such a good sport).  The next table was occupied by Manny and his companions.  After drinking 2 sets of Red Horse Beer, I became  tipsy.  Ashley and I decided to call it a night and left  the place at around 12 midnight (the boys accompany us back to our hotel).  I decided that my theme song from now on would be “the Gift”(hehehehe).

I had valentines date with Ashley on the next day because our respective valentines date cooled-off (so sad).

AT the grotto
  We went to Cotta as originally planned.  The place as named Cotta was a former fortress on the city. Facing Macajalar Bay, the fortress stood at 15 feet tall. Inside, it housed replica of cannons and a light house.   Beside Cotta was a Grotto.  Believed to have mystical powers, devotees were always in line to offer petitions and veneration.  Since, the grotto was just few steps from the sea; the place also became a popular past time of lovers and friends.  We walked along the pathways and stayed in the benches and dikes along the seashore.  I also noticed several Balut vendors offering the delicious Filipino delicacy to the patrons.

We went back to the hotel at around 7:00 in the evening and ate our dinner at around 8:30.

This city captivated my heart and I can’t wait  on my next business trip to Ozamiz.

Local Transpo.
Malooy ko sa sikad.  MInimun fare …
Malooy ko sa sikad. MInimun fare…
Royal Garden Hotel