Spain, part 3

Cordoba Travel Blog

Mezquita pillars
So I stopped in Cordoba for the morning/afternoon on my way back to Madrid.  The old town has a few big tourist attractions.  All in all, it was a little disappointing for me, but I think that's because I had already been to the Alhambra and the Real Alcazares.  The Mezquita is similar to the Alhambra - an old Moorish structure - except it had a church inside of it.  The church stuff located inside of all the Moorish architecture was a little wierd and I found it just not as cool as the Alhambra.  I will admit, though, that I do get a little tired of sightseeing and this was day 14 of pretty much nonstop touristy stuff.  I also went to the Alcazar de los Reyes Cristianos there and they were again not as cool as the Real Alcazares.  Still a nice garden, though.  I went to the Roman bridge, but it was under construction, and the Sinagogue (one of only three left in Spain) was closed on Mondays.  After that, I pretty much walked all over the town looking for an internet cafe and wasting time until my train left for Madrid.  Once back in Madrid, I met up with one of my traveling partners and we hung out on the town.  Monday nights seem to be the recuperation night for Madrid, so there were mostly just bars open.  It was a decent night, but I needed the rest anyway before heading back to Vienna.
TLCtraveler says:
No wonder I didn't have tips for ya...this was a day trip that blended in w/everything else I'd seen.
**Have fun & be safe in Vienna.
Posted on: Apr 03, 2007