Spain, part 2

Sevilla Travel Blog

Real Alcazares maze bushes
Alright, so we kicked off Holy Week in Sevilla.  Man, was that a sight to behold.  I swear the whole town was out and dressed in their nicest suits and dresses.  There were tons of parades through town with lots of people dressed in the traditional ceremonial Catholic uniform thingie (for us Americans, it's what the KKK wears which is a little strange at first).  The cathedral was closed to everyone that wasn't a local (my Catholic friends tried to go to mass and were turned away), but most everything else was open.  We went to the Real Alcazares and that was magnificent.  One could spend hours there in the gardens, and we did.  The rest of the day was spent people watching and trying to walk around the city through the sea of people and plethora of parades.  They went on until 2 in the morning so the night life was a little stagnant, but what would you expect on Palm Sunday.
TLCtraveler says:
Glad you got to see the Holy Week festivities...I wasn't there for it so I'd love to se pics when you've got time to download!
**The gardens are FANTASTIC, yeah!
Posted on: Apr 03, 2007