Prague, Day 2

Prague Travel Blog

main entrance of the castle
Yesterday it rained pretty much the entire day.  I went to the Prague Castle.  That place was pretty sweet.  You can easily spend half a day there, and I did.  The St. Vitus Cathedral was my favorite part of the castle.  If you're willing to climb the endless, and dizzying spiral staircase to the lookout at the top, you will get a wonderful view of the city.  Even though the weather was crappy, I still managed to get some decent pictures.  The rest of the day was pretty much a wash, since the tram (funicular) that takes people up to the Petrin tower area is down for pretty much the month of March for maintenance.  I spent the rest of the day walking the city in the rain.  After recharging my batteries at the hostel, I went out and had dinner at a pretty good Thai restaurant and managed to wonder the entire town looking for a cool bar to hang out at and get some brew.  All the places I went to were either too crowded or empty, so I pretty much walked the city all night.  A pretty lame Friday night, but at least now I know how long it takes to walk from the Charles Bridge area to Namesti Miru.
Prague Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
This restaurant has some good dark Czech beer and some very tasty Thai food. You would swear a Thai person was cooking it.
photo by: vulindlela