Departure day

Tullamarine Travel Blog

Well the day has finally arrived. Travel documents, money and passport all in order and bags packed. The last few weeks at work went really fast and with the city blanketed in smoke from the devastating bushfires that have been raging in the northeast of Victoria causing delays at the airport I was hoping for a clearer day.

A clearer day was assured but alas departure day was not with out concern. Yesterday I received a text message on my mobile from the Victorian Emergency Services advising of high winds for tomorrow. Thinking that it won't be as bad as predicted I eventually forgot about it  as my thoughts returned back to my trip.

After a restless  nights sleep I woke early to a nice day my flight did not leave until 4.30 in the afternoon so I did not have to be at the airport untill 1.00 pm. I finalised things at home and my taxi arrived on time for the 30 minute trip to the airport.  I arrived at the Thai Airways counter just as they were getting ready to open so was about 3rd in the queue, I cant get over at how quickly that queue grew. I checked in and was lucky enough to be upgraded to business class for the first leg of my journey to Bangkok. The upgrade gave me access to Thai Airways private lounge were I found a comfortable spot and settled in till my flight was ready for boarding. In the mean time the wind outside was gaining strength.

The boarding announcement finally came I was shown my seat and settled in for the long flight that was a head of me. Take off was bumpy due to the strong winds out side but thankfully it did not delay our departure. Next stop is Bangkok, Thailand for a 4 hour stop over.

sylviandavid says:
wow.... being upgraded is the perfect start to a trip!! sylvia
Posted on: Sep 05, 2009