Zurich, Switzerland

Zurich Travel Blog

Before arriving in Zurich, we stopped to visit Rheinfall

If you didn't know, Switzerland isn't very flat, so walking around the cities consists of a lot of hills and stairs.  By the time I reached Zurich, I had reached the peak of my fatigue and my legs were so sore, they were locking up on me.  I could barely walk, but I managed to walk around the city, with a little motivation from Claudine.  Tonight we stayed with her cousin, who has turned his apartment into a bed an breakfast, and we were his first guests.  I felt like I was a princess, it was very nice and the food was amazing too.
The next morning, I was happy to just sleep in and take my time to get ready before I had to catch my flight to Copenhagen, that I had noted left at 3:50pm.  I didn't have the internet all week, so I didn't double check my flight times, so I wanted to be there a little early just in case, so Claudine brought me the train station, where I could catch a quick train to the airport at around 1:00.

Rheinfall
  I was sad to say goodbye and so grateful for the wonderful time she showed me, but it was time to leave.  I arrived at the airport at 1:15, then continued taking me time, as I had done all morning, causually strolling around, looking for a place to spend the last of my Swiss coins, since they can't be converted.  Then I casually take a walk over to look at the flight times to see where I should I should go check in.  Well it turns out that this trip is making me brain dead. After taking a quick double look I realize my flight was actually leaving at 1:50, I had half an hour to catch my flight.  I quickly forgot how sore my legs were and how tired I was.  After running around the airport for 15 minutes, I was on the plane! Thank god for the EU!  But seriously, there must be someone out there praying to the travel gods for me, with the luck I've had while here.
Rheinfall
  I was really mad at myself on the flight, but all I can be at this point is grateful and learn from these experiences.

Thoughts while in Switzerland:

-They are seriously obsessed with time and watches.  It must be a pain for daylight savings time.
-There is no flat land here, hills are considered the flat region.
-It is too expensive!!! RETARDED!!
-Europe can almost be summed up here, with all the different cultures (French, Italian, German), all the different landscapes (maybe missing a little flat lands), architecture, history.

Before arriving in Zurich, we stop…
Before arriving in Zurich, we sto…
photo by: Sweetski