Stockholm, Sweden

Stockholm Travel Blog

I took my last train of the trip from Copenhagen to Stockholm, over the famous bridge that connects the two countries.  From here on out I'm going to be flying everywhere and will always be reconfirming my flights time :)
I usually read up on the next city I'm visiting a couple days before I visit it.  From what I read, Stockholm sounded pretty boring.  It sounded like it was basically a city full of museums, something that I'm not into. I was really hoping to meet some fun people at the hostel so that it would make it at least a little more fun & interesting.  But no luck, the people I tried talking to weren't very eager to socialize outside of their existing groups.

I debated for a long time whether I'd even bother walking around the city, since I'd have to pay ridiculously priced metro tickets to get to and from the city, but in the late afternoon a woman originally from Barcelona, now living in Stockholm asked me to join her for a walk and dinner, so I of course said yes.  I could barely understand a word she said, something about how dull & cold people in Stockholm were (yup) and how much she hated her ex-boyfriend and the Spanish & Swedish governments. It was nice to just have some company.  I was able to get a really great shot of the sunset on water (that I will add in a couple of weeks when I get home) and actually truly be able to say, I think Stockholm is boring, unless you like museum and shopping.
Just one more Scandinavian city/country left, Helsinki, Finland.  I'm going to hope for something more exciting than Stockholm, shouldn't be too hard...Then it's off to London this weekend to meet up with Brad & Iain, the Aussies I met in Bruges. I have no doubt good times are ahead.

marksreynolds says:
Sorry you didn't like Stockholm. Yes, there are a lot of stores and museums, but there are also a lot of bars and other things to do. Guess being married to a Swed that use to live there, I always enjoy my visit :)
Posted on: Jul 05, 2009