Rhodes, Greece

Rhodes Travel Blog

The sun arrived!! Today was spent completely in Rhodes. I don't know if it was the sun but this was one of my favourite islands (maybe it was also because I had just come from boring Patmos). It had interesting sites, nice scenery and sun! There are olive trees everywhere too. We first went to the Acropolis in Lindos, another beautiful ancient site, with an amazing landscape. And the water was so blue! It was only 9:00am but I got a tiny sunburn. This trip keeps reminding me how Canadian I am. After taking about 50 pictures, we went back to Old Town, a medieval fortified town where people still live today. But again there are way too many cars for such small streets. I tried a bit of shopping, but at this point I had seen enough shops all selling the same things and I could get free food and drinks on the ship so I enjoyed the sun on the deck. I hate browsing when I don't have money to spend. Dressed up for the captains cocktail party tonight (I was happy I got to wear the dress I brought, I was worried it would sit in my bag this whole trip) and it was a sad attendance. Pretty much just people from my age group showed up. I guess we just can't pass up free drinks. Then we stayed out late partying with the terrible kareoke singers (and they didn't get better this time around). It was a great night. Never under estimate the power of kareoke to bring people of all sorts together (and, well, alcohol too).
marksreynolds says:
Alcohol and karaoke, always fun to watch! :)
Posted on: Jul 05, 2009