Pompeii, Italy

Pompeii Travel Blog

I had my first frightening moment today: Got on the bus in Naples to bring me to the train station, thinking I could buy my ticket on the bus, as I had done on another one, but the bus driver was ignoring me so I thought I'd wing it this time, well of course that's when someone came on the bus to check everyones tickets. But Thankfully! he skipped me! So it turns out I wasn't able to buy the ticket on the bus. And so from now on I'll make sure to inquire about tickets prior to hopping on. I think if that's the worst moment I've had so far then I'm doing pretty well. When I first left on this trip, my biggest concern was finding a place to sleep every night. Now it's whether or not I'm going to have enough money...
So Pompeii...well honestly all I wanted to see was Vesuvius and some dead bodies and a bit of ruins (I've seen enough ruins to last me a lifetime). Well I saw Vesuvius, 2 bodies and tons of ruins. This place was pretty damn big, it had no signs and it was a maze. A tour is highly recommended here, if not, then the audio guides are a must! Without those, well, Pompeii kinda blows.
Mt. Vesuvius in the background
Mt. Vesuvius in the background
Pompeii Sights & Attractions review
A big maze
This is a place not to miss, but I HIGHLY recommend either getting a guided tour, or if not, an audio commentary guide. This place is very big and yo… read entire review
Pompeii