Edinburgh, Scotland

Edinburgh Travel Blog

Ah Scotland, one of my favourite lands of all the world.
I arrived at night, with the castle glimering in the near distance. It was so nice to be back.  So many good memories here.  But I didn't really have a chance to do much when I got there, met the people in my room and then it was off to bed.  I was so impressed, the bed was already made for me and it had TWO pillows!
The next morning, myself and a few girls from my room (a couple of Irish twins, Katy and Claire, and Britney) head off for the free walking tour. Afterwards we set off for Arthur's seat. I would have liked to stay there longer, but our stomachs were calling us to the Royal Mile where we would have dinner and I was able to have Haggis again.
It was only a short visit to Edinburgh, since the weekend before hand was all sold out due to a festival and I had to move on to Dublin since my tour was starting in a couple of days.  But it turns out the twins and I had the same flight out of there to Dublin.

Thoughts while in the United Kingdom:

-Even though the Pound is more expensive, most things turned out to be cheaper here.  I had to take advantage of this and do some shopping!
-I felt the strongest connection here, for obvious reasons I suppose: the language and since Canada was founded by the British.

tommylennie says:
Hey! Thanks for the add! Glad you liked Scotland!
Posted on: Jul 26, 2009
Edinburgh Castle
Edinburgh Castle
At the Scottish Parliament
At the Scottish Parliament
At the Scottish Parliament, before…
At the Scottish Parliament, befor…
Edinburgh