Crete, Greece

Crete Travel Blog

Having not booked the tour in Crete since it sounded boring (and apparently was) and the only other thing left to do was shop, I decided to sleep in for the first time since getting here. Yes I know it has only been a few days, but with all the sightseeing, it feels a lot longer. When I got up, it was the final boarding call, so I went to the upper deck, looked at the port and was satisfied with my visit to Crete (seriously, considering what was available). The girls weren't feeling well from the night before, but surprisingly, I felt fantastic. It was nice out, so I spent the next couple of hours soaking in the sun on the deck and chatted with new friends from the night before. Lucky them, they get a credit just for going on the cruise. So one thing I learned about cruises that they didn't teach me in school is that they can arrive at the next port an hour earlier than planned and give you 10 minutes warning to be ready to disembark. Well when you're in the middle of a shower during this annoucement...but luckily I'm a master of getting ready in 5 minutes, and I made it onto the tender boat for our tour in Santorini.
photo by: szu