Budapest, Hungary

Budapest Travel Blog

Jewish Museum
So Budapest, what to say? By the way Budapest is not in Turkey as everyone seems to think it is. Well the weather was great, but I can see why it gets so intolerable in the summer. It was about 20 outside, but it was scorching hot. I went to some sights on the Pest side that the hostel owner suggested, one being a museum called Terror House, a very appropriate name. It was about the Hungarian history from WW2 to the end of the cold war and how they suffered during this time mostly by the Soviets. Very depressing but important to know.
Saturday night I go out to have a Hungarian dinner. Big mistake. I was quickly reminded that I have a very sensitive stomach. But thank god for Gravol.
The next morning before I had to catch my train to Vienna, I visited the Buda side, which I liked a lot more. Much more landscape and along the water.

Thoughts while in Hungary:
•The most frequent type of shop I came across were flower shops
•Their definition of bacon is a very large chunk of fat. Gross!
•One reason why I think I haven't been as impressed with these last couple of "Eastern European" cities (other than being extremely tired all the time) is probably because I'm not technically in Eastern Europe, but more central Europe.
Heroes Square