A visit to the cemetery on Mother's Day

Rancho Palos Verdes Travel Blog

My parents usually head to the cemetery where my Mom's parents and grandparents are buried every holiday to bring flowers.  Since I was here and my Dad now works on Sundays, I told Mom I would go with her this time.  It was interesting for me to head down to areas where I used to frequent when I was younger and see how things have changed.  Sadly, seems like the area has deteriorated some, especially around where I went to high school.

We arrived at the cemetery and it was PACKED.  There were a lot of people having picnics and it was hard to get up some of the roads. Our first stop was to my great-grandparents graves and then to my grandparents and some friends of the family.  As we arrived at my grandparents' graves, we heard really loud music.

...it sounded live.  OMG, there was a rather large family down in one of the grave areas that appeared to be having a party.  They had a woman there singing Spanish music with a microphone - you could hear it for a mile in the park!  I would be sooooo upset if my family had gravesites down there since they had taken over a whole area - they had food tables set up, an area blocked off for their kids which included playing on the headstones!  I was pretty disturbed by this to say the least.  Some people were up on the level we were and they ended up leaving because of the noise I think.  I told Mom we definitely need to complain!

We wandered around a bit while checking out the "festivities" and took a few other photos as not to look too obvious.  LOL

Rancho Palos Verdes