AsiaTaiwanDongao

Walking on the Beach

Dongao Travel Blog

Driving past the Dongao Train Station, we figured out there had to be a way to get down to the beach!  We passed a scooter accident at the 7-Eleven - the scooter driver was being carted off in an ambulance - second one we've seen in my few days of visiting!  Anyways, we found a side street and took it down so we could wander on the beach and of course, stick our feet in the ocean! I would now be able to say I've been at both "ends" of the Pacific Ocean! LOL.

We got parked and wandered out on the rocky beach.  The weather was warm and poor Brett was already getting sunburned.  We played in the warm water a bit and got some great photos.  Soon, I was wandering the beach looking for colored rocks to make a floating candle bowl for our apartment.  I had one back in Cali with rocks I collected from Rhodes Greece.  They were so much prettier when wet and I could say I picked them myself versus buying rocks from a local craft store.

It was already time for us to get back on the road otherwise we would never get to Taroko Gorge.  What a really cool and private beach we were on...hopefully we can find it again one day! :D

metsbwd says:
I'm sure we can find it again, no problem!
Posted on: May 09, 2009