Old School Meeting

Anaheim Travel Blog

Old friends reunited!

It was rather ironic that after driving by our old high school, I was meeting up with a couple friends I had not seen in years! We had gone to school together and lost touch over the years but thanks to Facebook, we recently all hooked back up again.  We were meeting at the Cheesecake Factory in Anaheim which I was really excited about, but perhaps a bit nervous.  I mean, it really had been years and things change, people change, would we have anything to talk about?!!?

As soon as Rebecca picked me up, I knew it was like time stood still.  She looked great and we chatted the whole drive out about life and what we've been up to over the years.  She's done quite a bit of travel, including Fiji which I am incredibly jealous about!!!

We arrived at the Cheesecake Factory and got a spot at the bar and since Nicole wasn't there yet, we ordered something to munch on and I had to get a glass of wine - opted for a German Riesling since we would be eating dessert.

My Lemon Raspberry Cheesecake
  :D  I ordered stuffed dates and creamed corn fritters...HEAVENLY!! The dates are like what I make for Tapas parties - they are a hit every time!

After chowing down our appetizers, we ordered the cheesecakes!  I had the Lemon Raspberry, Nicole had this over the top chocolate cake concoction with cheesecake, and Rebecca got the Cookie Dough.  Never have I finished a whole piece of cheesecake at the restaurant so either the portions were smaller or I was hungrier than I thought!  LOL.  I brought Mom home the 30th anniversary one which was layers of cheesecake, chocolate cake and truffle cream.  Oh wow did it look good (not that she offered me a bite...lol).

What a fun night - so happy I got to see them before I leave.  Hopefully I have talked them into making a visit to Taiwan now! :D

Nicoles chocolate cake/cheesecake
Nicole's chocolate cake/cheesecake
Rebeccas Chocolate Chip Cookie Do…
Rebecca's Chocolate Chip Cookie D…
Moms 30th Anniversary Cheesecake