Moving Day!

West Sacramento Travel Blog

The moving truck in front of my house

Wow...moving day got moved up yet another month.  Due to some personal issues w/the ex that got out of hand, we needed to get me out of the house early.  Brett ended up flying out the night before to help with last minute details as Thursday was likely going to be a crazy day.  We got the long term movers to come in early and the relocation company would be there as well.  Aaaackk, chaotic day!

We got up super early and started packing last minute things before the movers got here.  It was going to be a looooong day, I could just feel it!  Around 9am the big moving truck showed up and OMG, it was a HUGE truck.  Shortly thereafter, the relocation company arrived and for the rest of the day, we had 5 movers all throughout the house.  Most of what was packed was being sent to long term storage which meant they were really wrapping up and packing up the furniture very nicely so it would not get damaged over the next year or two. :-)

I ended up with 10 cases of wine which were already sitting in my climate controlled unit I rented a couple days before.  I needed somewhere to store stuff that I might want to get into when I am back visiting.  Sadly, I did not take any photos of the day because it was so hectic...only the lone picture of the moving truck arriving.

We finally finished around 5ish and had to get the moving truck to follow us to my storage unit to drop stuff off.  Poor Brett was helping move boxes as much as possible and the poor movers were exhausted.  We headed over to our hotel and checked in, about to keel over from exhaustion.  But we were done...all done!!!  Whoo hoo!!

The moving truck in front of my ho…
The moving truck in front of my h…
West Sacramento