Last Minute Shopping

Taipei Travel Blog

Brett came home early and we decided to make a quick stop into town for some last minute shopping.  There are these art/scrapbooking markers my Mom has been wanting and Brett wanted to make sure he sent some back with me for how (what a great future son-in-law, huh?).  We bought all the markers we could with the limited cash Brett had (they didn't take credit cards unfortunately) and then we headed to wander around some of the small streets near the Shilin Night Market.

Some of the small streets and alleyways were jam packed when we were down there on a Friday night so it was awesome to see how empty it was on a Monday afternoon.  It had rained earlier in the day which could have kept some people away as well.

The first street we walked down we found a small line at a cart which basically was selling steamed buns for next to nothing.  Like 10NT each!  What a deal!  (Exchange rate is about 33NT to 1USD so super cheap!)  We bought a couple buns which were amazing and we decided we would stop back by for some more on our way back home.  :D

Shopping was interesting - Brett found a new belt he needed.  We also found some funny flip flops which he ended up buying. One more stop by the bun cart and we brought enough back for a nice meal before I had to venture off to the airport. :-(  I can't believe it was time to already go home....Waaahhhh!

metsbwd says:
Don't Go!!! Come back soon? Promise?
Posted on: May 09, 2009