My Last Day at Work

West Sacramento Travel Blog

Well, Wednesday arrived and I managed to get the meeting with my boss pushed up 1/2 hour so that I could be back in time for the handyman to come take down the ceiling fans.

I cleaned out my car and wrote down all the numbers on my company cell phone as I figured it would be the last time I would see both.  LOL.  I arrived and just as sure as I thought, they cut me loose.  They thanked me for giving them notice but due to some previous screw ups I had they would not be keeping me through my last day.  Although they think they may have been hurting me, the only ones they hurt were my coworkers who were now stuck inheriting a bunch of files that likely had stuff coming up.  I could've at least given them dates of upcoming stuff but since they were so quick to be rid of me, what would be the point?

Got back home and loaded all my computer equipment in the car and waited for the now ex boss to come pick everything up.  Figures that I end up leaving the garage door opener in the car and then I apparently forgot the spare key!  So that means a repeat visit from the boss would be in order the following day.

After all that was done, the handy man arrived right on time.  I can't believe how quick he was at getting the fans down. WOW!  It was less than an hour I think and he had all four down and taken apart.  What a blessing that was - one less headache for moving day tomorrow and it was cheap ($100).  Can't complain about that!!!

metsbwd says:
Free at last! Free at last!
Posted on: May 09, 2009