Ending the Night in Danshuei

Danshuei Travel Blog

Finally we arrived in Danshuei!  The sun was pretty much long gone but I was ready to walk around anyways...we were going to head to the Fisherman's Wharf area and look for somewhere to get dinner.  I was especially intrigued to see Danshuei as this is one place I mentioned to Brett about possibly living as we could've had a view of the water (love that idea!)

Apparently Danshuei is named after the Danshui River whose name means "Freshwater".  Since we missed the sunset today, we will definitely make it a priority in the future - it is known for the beautiful sun setting into the strait.

We finally made it to the wharf area after passing lots of new construction indicating the area will be growing rather rapidly I would assume.

The only downside is the MRT line stops there and most of the new construction is no where near the last stop.  The wharf area was beautiful and flanked by a big bridge called "Lover's Bridge".

After crossing the bridge, we wandered around all the food booths and the first thing we saw was the place that had the giant pieces of fried chicken.  Brett had been wanting to try that and it also had chicken bites and corn fritters so we abandoned our seafood idea and opted for good ole junk food instead! LOL.  It was a bit of a disaster trying to get everything though - although the name was in English, no one really spoke English though!  You had to stand in one line to get the giant pieces of chicken, another to order regular food, and heaven help you if you want to order a drink...that's another line!   Uuuuughh.

Finally we got all our food and bubble tea and we scarfed down everything sitting by the water.  I was getting pretty sad as it meant I was going home tomorrow and I certainly didn't want to.  I was going to miss Brett and I was going to miss Taiwan. :-(

Danshuei